Its been a whole year of grace, peace, mercy and Bountiful Blessings! Peace is not the absence of war, peace is the presence of Godfidence in the face of war. That is why the bible says, “He leads me beside the still waters, He restores my soul (like Job)… Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I shall Fear no Evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff are comforting… He sets a table before me in the presence of my enemies” that Godfidence is too sure.
When there is crisis, we can only trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on our understanding. In all our ways we also need to acknowledge Him and He would direct our path.
I have learnt a couple of things this year! I must say, God really taught me and He’s still teaching me. I’ll be sharing a few.
The bible talks about God chastising those He loves, but our carnality would think “these things should not be happening to me. I’m a child of God. I rebuke the enemy in Jesus name, its from the devil” Although His thoughts towards are good, good is not the absence of bad, good is what God think is good for us that would lead to our expected end. So like Job, even if there is bad, the end thereof is victory, blessings, good success and double portion.
This year 2019, I have been frustrated, I have had to question God, I had lost interest in all things that I do especially; my love for food and music 😂. However, wetin no kill man go make am stronger. In the midst of this trouble I learnt:-
1. Paying attention to details:- I am one that used to think the perfectionists are exaggerating. I mean even God that said “be yea perfect as your heavenly father” understood the nature of man. Truly, its good to pay attention to details. How do you feel being accused of a minute error you committed if only you had paid full attention to detail. At the end of the day, you would wish you did better.
2. Discovering Potentials:- Every human has multiple talents and skills. Some can be discovered easily, some require deep push. What if what you are going through is to help you discover potential. Remember, you can a not fulfil purpose if you don’t discover your potentials. Remember we would all give account of all the talents God has given us, 1 talent, 2 talents, 5 talents. All these talents are expected to bring glory to His name.
3. Letting go of social media addiction:- successful people are not social media addicts. They use the social media to extend the frontiers of their potential but they can stay off for a long long time without any hurt.
4. Giving:- its more blessed to give than to receive. I have learned this the hard way and now I’m used to it. Giving is not only money or else if you are broke, what else can you give? What about giving your sleep, your time, what you really love? The bible said “God gave his most priced (Jesus) to us, hence we should be able to give up ours for others.
5. Renewing of the Mind:- I’m still in the level of having a renewed mind. A renewed mind doesn’t interpret the way other minds would do. A renewed mind sees from God’s view, a broader angle. A renewed mind does good and the perfect will of God. A renewed mind is a paradigm shift from the traditional to the supernatural. That is why we wonder why the people we admire and look up to seem to be perfect in their doings, talking to them is like talking to someone not from thus world. It’s a matter of the renewed mind.
6. Influence – influence is a character of the Spirit. It’s the only way to being successful. Believers and non believers alike know this. That’s why two people can run the same business but one is more successful. You might say one product is valued more than the other, but its simply influence. Indomie has a large influence in the lives of many Nigerians so that when we go to the market, we say “ I want to buy indomie instead of noodles” so please, stay influential, keep influential and draw from the Spirit always.
There is so much grace in this year , its immeasurable, unquantifiable, it’s a year where tables will shake and I only hope to multiply in the grace of God, discover more potential, don’t fall if my table shake 😂 and ultimately, to make God happy.
Subscribe to the blog via mail below so you don’t miss any post.
Season Greetings from Perry’s Tots.
Happy New Year FAM!